2009年11月23日 星期一

上班族60秒電話英文1》聽不懂對方所講的英語時,該怎麼說?

上班族60秒電話英文1》聽不懂對方所講的英語時,該怎麼說? 
2009/11/23【聯合新聞網/本文選自眾文圖書出版「上班族60秒英文」】


Please hold while I get someone who speaks English.

請稍等,我請會講英語的人來接聽。

→Please allow me to transfer you to someone else.

我幫您轉接給其他人。


Could you speak a little slower?

可以請您講慢一點嗎?


→如果要更有禮貌地表達,問句前面可以先說 I’m sorry.。

I’m very sorry, but I’m having trouble hearing.

不好意思,您的聲音聽不太清楚。


→I’m having trouble Ving 表示「做……時遇到困難」。這種句型可以用於像 I’m having trouble searching the database.(我搜尋資料庫時遇到困難。)等各種情況。


→Could you speak up a little?

Could you speak a little louder?

可以請您說大聲一點嗎?


I think we have a bad connection.
電話線路似乎不良。

→這種說法比較不會讓對方感到不悅,還可以巧妙地讓對方把音量放大。

→It’s too noisy here. Just one moment, please.

這裡太吵了。請稍等一下。



Could you please repeat that?

可以請您再說一遍嗎?

→Pardon me?

Excuse me?

I’m sorry?

不好意思,請再講一遍。



Do you happen to have someone there who speaks Chinese?

請問您那裡是否有會講中文的人?

→Do you happen to...? 是「您是否正好……?」之意。

→Is there anyone who speaks Chinese?

有人會講中文嗎?

沒有留言: